Saturday, July 11, 2009

" The wine is stronger in France.. " and the quotes begin.


What a wonderful day in France! Today was a completely fulfilling day. It amazes me how in just 2 days how much I feel like I've learned about this country. It's easy to see the people, but to blend in is the challenge. Americans are so different than the French. I like almost the "challenge" of trying to act like the French. Immersion is great, difficult but absolutely wonderful. We had a great day, first waking up early to catch our tour bus that took us to many different places. First, we were taken to the Russian church that is beautiful. It was built in 1912 and is kind of in an awkward place. It's this beautiful church and it's right in the middle of this new city. This place was amazing, inside we saw a beautiful outlay of handcrafted gold.
Were we supposed to take pictures? Of course not...(did I? ..... couldn't let my blog readers down now could I?) The church was breath taking, It suprised me how something this beautiful and intricate church could be in the middle of the city completely almost hidden except for the very top which peaks over the city.We then proceeded to a really pretty Garden that overlooked the city. Their flora here is amazing, there are olive trees,, amazing roses huge huge huge roses everywhere.... nana no worries I took lots of pictures for you. But even in the middle of town there are huge trees, and parks and all sorts of places. It's beautiful, I wish

Houston or Waco was more like that.
After the garden we proceeded to an art exhibit of Chegall. It was really interesting, I can honestly say I've never really been to an art museum. It was interesting
to see the people that were really t
here to respect and take note of the art, those that were just there because the bus stopped and that's where everyone else was, and then the various students standing there free hand drawing these amazing paintings. (France has talent America, watch out!).
After the museum we were taken back to the hotel for lunch where we had a 2 hour break. We just went and grabbed some pizza and then came back to the bus for the second part of our tour, the house of roth's child. It was AMAZING! This "home" had 9 different gardens, the actual house itself was PINK of all colors, had mosaic floors, flowered ceilings, and was only lived in for two days. Long story short the queen that bought it only lived in it for 2 days until she donated it to France and moved into one ofher other houses (must be nice huh?)
When we left there we all wanted to get back to the beach of
course so we changed and headed to a small wine shop that had all
different kinds of wine for really cheap ( .. well cheaper)... then off to the beach. The water is still pretty cool but is really refreshing once you make it in! It's really odd though, there isn't any sand it's huge rock/pebble things. Poor little feet I know. But it beats Galveston any day. The people watching is absolutely the best... a couple nudes e
ven. Speedos are the hit fashion so far... notttttt attractive. The French seem to be a lot healthier than the American's there aren't any people overweight it seems and everyone's tan.. I'm jealous!
The sun went down and after the beach we proceeded to go back to our lovely hotel and change for the night. We went and found a cute little place to eat and low and
behold they had COLD
coke! WOO HOOOO... It was really good. We decided we might as well and do it right and got some Gelato on the way home....wow, bluebell doesn't have squat on this stuff.

Tomorrow we're going to another art museum but this time it's picasso! I'm really excited about this one because in my art class we learned
about his style and so forth and I get to put wh
at I learned to use... how about that?

I hope you all are doing wonderful, and that life is treating you all well. I miss you and wish you were all here to experience this with me.
xoxo

P.S. Im making a website where I can publish ALL my photos so It'll be easier then trying to pick out which ones to put on here!
Joshua 24:17 " He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled"

No comments:

Post a Comment