Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jaguar....yes please.



hello family and friends!
I miss one day and I feel like I've been away forever. Yesterday and today have been two good days here in London! Yesterday we went on a school "field trip" if you will to Birmingham (not Alabama) to see the Jaguar car factory. By the way it's not pronounced "JagWIRE" it's pronounced " Jagyouare," there's a little trivia for you! The factory is pretty astounding, they're incredibly efficient. First we took the train, did I mention that we got "first class" train tickets...the truth about why BGB cost so much is coming to the surface now. So we were on the train were served breakfast and before we knew it we were there.
We all loaded into taxis and headed for the plant. Guess who got the little kids seat facing backwards....yep, story of my life. "You're small they tell me..... I'm also 20 not 6!!"Anyway bigger news than that on the taxi, there was a rather large bullet poking out from under the seat that I spotted. I very quietly let everyone know.. DO NOT make this guy mad. We arrived safely though (so moo don't worry, I would have put the Buffy on him). We got there and watched a little video on the cars and then broke into groups to go through the factory. Oh we were distributed these lovely neon vests and alien looking headsets... so cute. But we followed around our tour guide for about an hour and a half learning about the different processes that the car goes through from start to finish. It's pretty interesting. Most of the work is all done by robots and they have very little expense when it comes to labor. The robots in reality didn't even cost that much. About 60,000 pounds. Which over time if you compare to how much you would have to spend on people doing these jobs, the time lost by people doing it and many more opportunity costs, this makes a LOT of sense. Anyway we learned about the car, the 14 colors they offer, the fact that the entire bottom half is only connected to the frame by 28 rivets (shadyyyy), I can not endorse this product because of that buttt.... we also learned the robots are from Sweden and that most of the car is made by Volvo ( I'm just full of trivia today). Anyway over all it was a really neat experience. Here some inside info for any of you looking to buy one of these. They sell from about 65,000 pounds to 75,000 pounds all custom made yet they only cost about 35-38000 pounds to make... mark up anyone??? We got home and then I had to do lovely homework! It's killing me, no slack. ( I know you're happy Dad).
Today we had class and then Tara, Taylor and I left for Topshop. We have one in NY but it's AMAZING. They have not one, not two, but three floors of clothes.But out of all that I was froogle and got one shirt (black of course, and a pair of jcrewesque earrings)

Also, we went to Tezenis.HUGE sale. Today was a very productive day. Now the only problem was it was hotter than Texas in Topshop today. I don't know what the deal was but they were trying to drop costs with not using air.... whew! Soooo being the innovative little bunny I am... I was wearing jeans, tall boots a tank and a black shirt over it, and a scarf. I was ridiculously hottt. We are going to a Wembley soccer match tomorrow btw Spain andd Tottenham Hotspur pretty much everyone on the trip is going tomorrow after class and I thought it'd be a good experience, I've actually never been to a soccer game. I'm really excited about this! I'll take tons of pictures and don't worry I already asked to see if I'm in high risk of getting trampled and beat up. Nope! It's supposedly a "friendly" match??? Is that possible,when it comes to sports I don't know... But I'll be there look for me on TV!

I love you all dearly and miss you so much. I'll upload pictures tomorrow and tell you all about the game and my trip.

xo.


2 comments:

  1. You look "hot" in that Jaguar! You should have bought that instead of the shoes!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh mom don't worry they let me put it on the card! Did I forget to tell you? I thought you wouldn't mind!

    haha Love you

    ReplyDelete