Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rayhill Castle sounds a little better than Windsor Castle to me



Every morning I wake up.....before I
put on my makeup.....I'll say a little prayer for youuuuu (have fun having that stuck in your head all day from now on) So unfortunately all this Baylor tuition money and I can't read a schedule. So sikkkke, Jaguar is actually scheduled for tomorrow, early tomorrow that is..yay. Today was an adventure in itself! I had class and then I hooked up with a friend and her class and tagged along to Windsor Castle.I don't know about y'all but for some reason I didn't really think castles were I guess "real." Every fairy tale,dream, prince and princess story could have all taken place in this very castle. It was unreal. I had to keep telling myself to pay attention this isn't a dream, someone actually lives here. The queen lives there pretty much every weekend still so we weren't allowed in all of the castle but A LOT of it. There are magnificent paintings everywhere, amazing collections of battle memorabilia. Objects from far away lands and treasures. The inside of the castle is decorated to a T. The most intense over the top, Gold leaf encrusted, patterned wall paper, huge rugs and chandeliers bigger than my car in every room. There are so many rooms in the house that I couldn't even imagine how much it cost to fill them. They didn't allow us to take pictures in there no matter how hard I tried there was a guard at every corner scoping us out waiting to snatch our cameras at any sight of a flash. One of the first rooms we went into was a HUGE dollhouse that had been built not for a child but for one of the queens. This queen collected miniature "things" so artists from around the world, authors, cloth makers, painters,drawers and everyone made this house that has real miniature replicas of their original art. It was phenomenal.I snuck a few of course but I suppose this will give you reason to come visit for yourself. I was so amazed by this place, it really didn't seem real at all. I could definitely see myself with one of those. Nana, I got your souvenir here! I got to take the "britrail" today. My first experience on a train. These things FLY. How they stay on the tracks, I have no idea. I was talking to one of my professors and he told me the "slow" ones average around 80 but the fast ones can go up to 160.... where's that one?! We got there and looked around for three hours and then headed back! I took a little nap...oh it was wonderful. It had been raining all day! (I was dry though no worries! My boyfriend equipped me with an adorable umbrella before I left, I'm a lucky girl) After my nap I did a little reading for class and now it's almost time to go to bed here already! Crazy with this time difference I know!

Tomorrow is Jaguar! I'm really excited... maybe I'll meet someone really neat, network and get a job here so everyone can come visit me! (you never know)

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment