Monday, July 20, 2009

To Texas and back.




Who would have thought that an educational tour through the London parliament would be so much fun. It's such a huge, beautiful well "fortress." We began by waking up earlier than usual to make the "tube" so we'd get there on time...it was a close call, you try getting 80 college students dressed and ready and on a train early on a Monday morning... exactly, I didn't think so. Once inside we had to go through security check and you have to get your pictures taken for you temporary ID card. A few people go before me and I catch on to what's going on. As soon as you step even a toe on this little black mat the guy snaps your picture. Some people were fixing their hair, talking, sneezing, looking at their shoes, just any awkward stance and this guy got it. (I think he enjoyed his job way more than we realize....) but of course being the little turkey I am I get up to the mat and hop on in a full blown pose.....beat him at his own game. We then walked in through the main hall that mind you was massive, if anyone has seen harry potter.... you get the idea. Supposedly when the king saw this great hall he said that it wasn't fit to be a great hall it was only big enough for a bedroom.....he had to of been an only child or something. (no comment moo) We toured and got to go inside all the chambers and here how they decided things and all sorts of really interesting information. I really find it interesting with how open they are about everything with their public. Every debate is posted over the internet and the public is able to come in and watch each one live for free if they'd like. I think I kind of like that, America take note! Afterwards we headed back to our rooms because we had class at 2 that we had to finish some homework for. Class went by fairly quick and then a group of us decided we needed to visit the TEXAS EMBASSY. We fly all the way to Europe and where do we want to go? Somewhere where they at least serve chips and salsa....imagine that. I shared some much needed nachos. They were pretty good for "London Nachos." There were baylor liscense plates and a baylor flag and we even met a group of people that are aggies! Small world. If I've learned anything so far on this trip, this is such a small world. Tomorrow we have another trip planned but this time to the Jaguar plant, now this is going to be really neat I hope. I'll let you know!

I hope everyone is doing well and is having a good week.
P.S Highlight of the day I found somewhere that sells Dr.Pepper! LIFE IS COMPLETE!
xo.

2 comments:

  1. looks like your having a great time. Be safe, Wyatt and Chase wonder where "Urr up" is?

    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debates from the House of Commons are broadcast on C-Span here. They're often hilarious because Brit pols rarely spare each other's feelings. Sarcasm abounds.
    So you found a little piece of home in the heart of London. My son says that UT alum meet at a bar in Piccadilly on Sundays during football season to watch the Longhorns kick ass! OMG, did your old English teacher actually say that?? Shocking.

    ReplyDelete