Saturday, August 8, 2009

I don't get a signal in Neverland, sorry for the inconvenience.






I've been a little busy bee lately. Just trying to fit everything in before I head back to the States on Wednesday! Ah! I can't believe that it has already been almost 5 weeks. Time flys. Granted I miss my family and friends, and familiarities, I really do like it here. I've had some great experiences this past week! I went to another little market, as a group we were able to get an after hours private tour of West Minister Abbey (amazingly beautiful), I went and saw Peter Pan, and I just got home from Scotland (which is my new favorite beautiful place in the world).
The market is just a little place where there are tons of shops set up and random things from all over. One of my friends on the trip is having her birthday today and so I went to find her something interesting.It was a really great day, I sort of took some Jessi time and did some things on my own in the city. It was really nice, I miss my time. It's hard to have time to yourself when you're in a group of about 100 people all seemingly ending up where you do.I'd tell you what I got her but I haven't given it to her yet and I don't want her to read it before she gets it!
We are tourists what can we do? That was a really great time. The next day we as a group go to go and visit with the Brunswick group ( a PR/communications company that specializes in handling large clients and cleaning up the mess to be frank) It was really interesting, and seems to bedoing VERY well.
Don't worry I introduced myself, NEED JOB flashing in
my eyes. Always have to be ready. That night we went and saw Peter Pan! It was FABULOUS. The show was really "tech" driven. They flew but were surrounded by a screen that as they were flying was showing a sky view of where we were!
The story line was also a little different, more eclectic, but really good. I knew I should have been a theatre major! I really enjoyed myself. The NEXT day we had lovely class and then as a group we were able to go to West Minister Abbey with a private guide and after hours where it was just us. They even allowed us to take photographs which is usually not allowed. This place was beautiful. Huge ceilings, wonderful carvings and craftsmanship. I was very impressed with the history and the tombs that are actually there.. this is a church and Darwin is buried there... why? Your answer is as good as mine (darwin= evolution... for those of you that have been out of school for a good while) But I really liked this outing, Baylor has done a wonderful job for us. It was raining that night and I was feeling a little "under the weather" so I went back to my room, listened to the rain and did a little homework, it was just perfect. Early the next morning we were up and at em to SCOTLAND! Of course we missed our first train and had to get the second one, but it wasn't a big deal. We arrived, headed to the hotel/dorms we stayed in unloaded our bags and were off! Edinburgh is actually having the biggest theatre festival in the whole UK this weekend.... it was very INTERESTING to say the least!
We ate at a little pub..I had macaroni and cheese... the best ever it KILLS the shells and cheese I make at home, it was wonderful. Then we stopped at the most darling little coffee place in the world. Mocha with a shot of caramel anyone??...... i think so! It was just perfect. When we left there Taylor and I decided we should do our lovely little extra credit assignment that took us 3 hours to complete walking around this town! Too bad there is a quater mile and and a ROYAL mile in this town.... That was fun.
I will gladly be your tour guide next time you decide to go to Edinburgh , I've seen it all... a couple of times actually. We finally found our extra credit... Adam Smith's grave (creepy I know), were studying economics and he's a famous economist.
After that it was late and we were off to bed where we had to wake up early and head back to London!

Only 3 more days pretty much and then I'll be home. Bittersweet of course.

I miss y'all love you all.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment