Sunday, August 2, 2009

I finally met Mona.


Paris! This weekend we were in Paris, we just got back so I wanted to write about my adventures. We all had a lovely time, what an interesting city. We left Thursday morning and took the eurostar train, pretty quick. Of course I slept the entire way...story of my life. I got a nice little nap in and then woke up in Paris, life's hard huh? Paris is quite an interesting little city, well huge city. When we got to Paris we loaded up on two buses and were driven around on an hour and a half bus tour around the city. It was really neat to get to see a lot of Paris with a guide and air conditioning! Once we got to the hotel we check in and then of course had to get something to eat. Believe it or not, we went to a Japanese restaurant in Paris and I actually ate and ENJOYED it. Even though my meal consisted of mainly beef, chicken and rice! We then of course wanted to see the Eiffel Tower up close and personal.But first on our way there I was convinced to get a nutella crepe. I'm not going to lie, it's probably the best thing I've ever eaten. Just imagine with me here, a light and fluffy pancake that's still warm with melted nutella inside. It was phenomenal! Needless to say that was the beginning of my nutella obsession. We then went to the Eiffel tower where we found a spot in the lawn and sat and waited for it to light up. Of course being the tourists we are as soon as it gets dark the whole thing lights up and we snapped about a billion pictures.....then it really lit up! It was actually twinkling lights that constitutes the lighting up of the Eiffel tower. It was beautiful. We sat around and then headed back early enough to get some sleep before our early morning date to the top of the Eiffel.
The next morning we had to wake up really early to meet our group appointment at the Eiffel tower. We all went up together in the elevator to the second level.
From there we decided that we didn't come all the way to Paris to go HALF WAY up the Effiel tower, sooo we paid our extra 3 Euros and headed for the top! By the way the Eiffel tower "company" makes a killing. It was really neat... and reallyyyy windy! After the eiffel we girls decided that we better go to the Louvre. It was really neat, but REALLY overwhelming. It was also really warm inside which kind of made it not so enjoyable.
There is so much there that it's ultimately impossible to see it all in one day. We did a little of it, saw the Mona Lisa ( she's smaller than we thought!), and then hit the streets to shop! The Louvre was amazing though, I wish we
were there longer so we could see more of it.
We had dinner that night at a really great fondue place. I've never had fondue before and this was quite an experience. The food was great! Afterwards we went back to the eiffel, crepe in hand and waited for the twinkling to start! What a life!

The next day consisted of breakfast at
the hotel and then to the Paris "flea market." Which If I had a home anywhere NEAR this place, it's where I'd get everything for my home. It was amazing! Ever decorators dream. Things were still a little pricey but I managed to find a really neat little souvenir for my mom and step dad! It was an all day thing so we finally got back, showered and then it was dinner time! We ate and went to the eiffel tower again! Oh.. and a crepe. I've eaten my weight in crepes! Paris was wonderful I'd love to come back and really spend some time going to more touristy things. I feel like I at least "saw" most of everything at least.

I had such an amazing time, and I only have a week and a half left! I have quite a few things to do in London still so I'm excited for what's to come.

Congrats to Sara and JJ (my boyfriend's sister) on their engagement!!! That's so exciting.

Love from London.





No comments:

Post a Comment