Wednesday, August 24, 2011

5 Current Obsessions

1. Pinterest
I can't quit typing in random things (bedrooms, fashion, boots ,Mary Kate, small bracelets...yea I told you they were random) and watching this online world of "gotta have its" unfold. If you're currently not a member, sign up for an invite and enjoy. Look for me and lets be "friends" or whatever it's called now-a-days.



2.  Mashable
This isn't for everyone, it's for the social media - I hate reading the news - I want to know what's happening in the world to impress the fellas - kind of girl. I get the email every morning and enjoy my morning- have to have it- can't function without it- cup of  jo and read it in about 10 minutes right before the j-o-b gets going. Sign up, impress the fellas, and hell even learn something new. Added Bonus: If you're looking for a job in marketing or social media they've got GREAT jobs posted on their website mostly in New York but a few scattered around the U.S.

3. White Jeans
Ladies we've got to wear em while we can. A lot of people are saying, white jeans are not just a "Summer must" they're a "Winter must" as well... I can't decide if I agree. What do you think? Will you be wearing your whites as "Winter whites?" Dark jeans are too hot, light jeans make anyone (and I mean anyone, look like a fat ass) so it seems that in this weather which is hotter than a mo, white jeans it is. We'll have to wait until Winter to see if I brave the trend, that is if Winter ever gets here.

4. Cucumber Water
Completely random I know but this restaurant that I've started eating at and quite frankly obsessing over too, Hubble and Hudson serves their water with cucumbers in it. I know it's old but I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had it. I think it might be the most refreshing thing I have ever had. Make yourself some, easy as can be.. it's literally water, cucumbers and ice. (ice, ice, baby... don't act like you weren't thinking it.)



5. My High School Playlists
I recently started listening to some of my old high school playlists on some old CDs I found and honestly, I think I might have had better music taste then than now. Granted, my music taste is completely different than then. Now it's almost to the two extremes, either super mellow or hip hop rap.While then it was more acoustic and rock. Lots of rock actually. There is all my rebellion wrapped up into a couple sharpie covered CDs. I am so happy to not be back in that time of my life, whew. It's strange though I still feel like I know every song. Today on my drive home, I was that girl you drive next to that you laugh at because she's obviously singing at the top of her lungs  (off key) and having a drum session on her steering wheel. My almost hour drive home was actually enjoyable. My advice, is pull out those old mix CD's the cute boy in high school made you and enjoy a little of the "memory lane."









No comments:

Post a Comment